Monday, June 13, 2011

Baptist History

Last Sunday, June 12th, my wife and were invited by Pastor Chad Spence to spend the day with Landmark Baptist Church, Red Oak, Texas. Past Spence started a series on "Baptist History" in his Sunday School and asked me to speak on the subject this one Sunday. What a joy it was to rehearse the glorious history of the Baptist people! I also spoke on Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening in the services. We had a great day even though many of the regulars were away on vacation or at youth camp. Many of those in attendance came to the altar in response to the preaching of God's Word. Brother Spence and his church family made my wife and I feel special with their generosity and hospitality. It was a good day for us and for them.

Today I am in the Missions Office, catching up on communications and planning for Deputation School.

No comments: