Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011 - From Costa Rica

My wife and I are staying with GIBM missionaries Bob and Joy Martin in Tres Rios (Three Rivers), Costa Rica. We have just completed the last module in this season's Bible institute which was conducted in The Bread of Life Baptist Church in Liberea, Costa Rica where Eulalio Cabrera is the pastor. I was honored to preach the at graduation The institute graduated two students this year. This is the second time that I was invited to come to participate in this institute, but it is the first time that my wife was able to accompany me to this beautiful country. There was a break in the weather and it was not as hot as we had expected for. PTL!

It is my opinion that training nationals to start and pastor churches is the proper long-term response to the great commission. We thank the Lord for the vision that that He has given to Bob and Joy Martin to train nationals in Central America to be the leaders that the Lord has called them to be. The institutes tend to be a kind of "boot camp" for men of God. It seems to me that this practical approach could work in almost any country.
 

Pastor and Sara Eulalio Cabrera, Poblo, Sergio and wife


.. Bob and Joy Martin, Poblo, Sergio (graduates), Judy and Robert Lewis 
?.
On Sunday, November 20, I preached in the morning service at Bible Baptist Church, Roble (Ro-blay), Costa Rica. The pastor's name is Alexander. There were well over two hundred people in attendance. The people were friendly and the singing was very enthusiastic. The translator was experienced and the Lord blessed me with liberty to preach. The pastor requested tht I preach on "Missions" which I gladly did.

Robert Lewis, Pastor Alexander, Bob Martin


November 20, 2011, Bible Baptist Church, Roble, Costa Rica


Pastor and Mrs. Alexander - Robert and Judy Lewis

It is a real pleasure to come and minister to people who so greatly appreciate our investment. 

Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world wothout end. Amen. Ephesians 3:21


No comments: